Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Why is it that I always feel most inclined to blog, most full of inspiration when I have the least time to do it? Revision is not exactly going swimmingly, I have spent far too long trawling the blogs of people with enviable, unusual, creative lives that I forgot that in order to get to those enviable places you actually have to work... ie.revise (pretty hard too...have you heard of the 10,000 hour rule?!)
Oh man, I need to stop stealing motherhen's 'motivational books'. I'm currently reading one of my own, an aptly chosen Christmas present; Burton on Burton. Inspired by his stories of making super-8 films as a kid, I purchased 8mm... An app ( ok ok I'm growing up in an entirely different era to Timmy-B and let's face it I love a cheeky bit of new age fun with a vintage feel) that tries to re-create the grainy, raw quality of 8mm film on your iPhone.
Living in what I imagine to be a similarish surburbia to Burton's, all pebbledash and pastel, albeit slightly greyer and rainier, I decided my wallet could handle the £1.19 if it meant fiddling about making mini films for my last week here in the shoebox I call my village. Not my wisest, most productive move, but an enjoyable one nonetheless. I haven't really tried the app out properly apart from to make this, the fruit of 20 minutes labour. 5 of those minutes were spent savouring the flavour of lint chocolate.
The music is Hero by Regina Spektor, gaaah I love her.


- Posted on the go

2 comments:

  1. great film work.... and a truly tragic tale!
    don't worry, there's only about 2 more years to go!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love Regina!! Great choice dear. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails