Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Down under

My lack of posting recently is partly due to talktalk's inability to let me talk. (In the internet world of course, in the real one I've been as vocal as ever...perhaps too vocal, it's probably about time I stopped screaming 'I'm just a holy fool oh baby it's so cruel' whilst drooling over the Judas video for the tenth time...sorry neighbors) But yeah, remember when I compared the speed of my home internet to a tortoise? I meant a dead one.
There has also been the tiny matter of exams, which quite rudely interrupted my usual routine of fake nonchalance and what I like to call 'sociable laziness'. In other words I was revealed to be the freakishly panicky worrier that I really am and I could no longer spend my Wednesday afternoons eating greasy pasta with my friends because I was far too busy checking out the fellas rocking geek chic in the library and occasionally thinking about Paradise Lost. Anyway, I digress (as per) what I wanted to post was this: 


Maybe it's because it's almost summer, maybe it's because I got asked out by an aussie and he keeps popping up on my facebook newsfeed, or maybe it's because there's something about those folks down under that just exudes effortless cool; whatever the reason, my perpetually-roaming brain seems to find itself thinking about Australia more often than Perez Hilton ponders a celebrity scandal. Two websites in particular have been in my browser's top hits this week. Kym Ellery describes the clothes of her eponymous label Ellery as 'not over the top, but also not too relaxed' eschewing the stereotypical rough and ready clothes we've come to expect from Australian designers, she strikes the balance just right. Her collection features an array of gorgeously tailored clothes in unusual but flattering shapes that seem to lend the wearer a bit of a Blair-Waldorf-if-she-was-a-rock-star vibe. Which, in my opinion is a hard vibe to beat. Unless of course you're aiming for the grungier side of rock star, in which case Insight should be your port of call. I want this Gypsy Gold Bustier bikini so much I'm willing to live with the dodgy tan lines. Although totally different I love the current collections of both of these brands, but with most Ellery dresses averaging £450... I think I'll start saving for that insight bikini.

Insight

Insight

3 comments:

  1. Ah what a pleasant change your wittiness makes from most other blogs :) I know what you mean about exams and library daydreams, I myself had drifted away from economics revision to admire the geek chic totty earlier today haha. Great choice of bikini and I love the red dress- the cut around the sleeves is a sweet quirky detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous post! I love your shorts and top! Love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures and what a gorgeous blog you have!

    If you love fashion you should follow the new blog for up and coming designer Bunmi Koko to get all the latest tips and exclusive pictures and videos from our time at New York and London Fashion Week.

    We love your blog and would love you to follow!

    Love the BK Team xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails