Saturday, 1 October 2011

Nina Ricci

I'm a sucker for a bit of brocade. When Blair Waldorf celebrated thanksgiving in Episode 9 of the first GG season (erm... not that I'm a diehard fan or anything...) I spent about 5 hours trying to source the gold Marc by Marc Jacobs number she wore in the UK. Even if my searching had been fruitful I could never have afforded it. Point being, brocade makes me do crazy things,like what I'm doing right now; burning my knees on an overheating laptop on a Saturday night. Ignore my coolness as it rapidly plummets to socks-and-sandals levels of loserish though and feast your eyes upon Nina Ricci's spring/summer ready-to-wear collection.
Look numero uno features a brocade bra and I'm already trying not to salivate like a hungry rabid dog all over this keyboard. Curious headpieces aside, if I could get away with sporting this full skirt and underwear-as-outerwear combo on the streets without my flatmates telling me to relocate to a brothel I would be buying this in a flash. Brocade for a bra?! It seems so decadently obvious I'm kicking myself for not dreaming this one up.

Peter Copping, in his 3rd year for the fashion house, kept colours classic but mixed up fabrics and textures for a modern effect. I love the delicate navy lace on this dress and its artfully haphazard structure, hints of flesh revealed amidst frayed silk ribbons make it look as though the model got merry on vintage champagne and span dizzily around Miss Havihsam's attic before landing slightly tangled on the runways of Paris.


Tumbling chiffon finished the show in the form of this effortlessly sexy strapless dress... the blue deepened by the shimmering gold leaves stitched asymmetrically across the bodice. These pieces from the collection exude a sort of languorous allure, playful and interesting without straying from Nina's original idea in setting up the house in the first place; beautiful, high-quality clothes.

1 comment:

  1. I will embarrassingly admit, I am a GG fan hehe I do love the gorgeous mix of fabrics in the NR show you shared... you blog always has something great to take a fashion note of :)
    xx
    Siddy
    www.SiddySays.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails