Wednesday, 18 August 2010
Jo Rose
The first weekend of August was spent (by me and many lake district folk) in the grassy fields of Lowther park bouncing to the likes of OkGo and Scratch Perverts by night and the smooth croonings of people like this guy, Jo Rose, by day. My favourite part of festivals is discovering new musicians and meeting new people, me and my friends were actually heading back to the tent when I overheard a voice that sounded like the perfect blend of Damien Rice, Ron Sexmith and a hint of Ryan Adams ( well, it sounded like that to me anyway) so I dragged them all into a small tent with me and sat and listened. This video doesn't do him justice, but his guitar picking sounds good and satisfies my daily need for a spot of complicated string instrument noises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love love love it.
ReplyDeleteWeekends in the lake district are the best.
xxxx
Ah, sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteWhich Uni are you attending?? Mine is London School of Oriental and African Studies. I have never been in England before, so I'm pretty excited. But I will be in London next week.
xo
I love your blog! It's very interesting and fun to read!
ReplyDeletehey, i love your blog and will be followin
ReplyDeletethank you for all your comments, Im going to Kings College, hope you like london, thats very brave of you! I don't move there until 19th of septemeber.
ReplyDelete:)