Sunday, 22 August 2010

Tim Burton

Me and my friends tend to daydream a lot, although I'm not going to lie, it's usually initiated by me. These vary from winter olympics inspired reveries of ditching school to persue a life of skiing until our joints get too old and frail (at which point we will retire to a cozy room with a wood fire watching re-runs of desperate housewives and drinking wine and eating chocolate until we have a cardiac arrest) to one day waking up and looking like Daisy Lowe and becoming Karl Largerfeld's muse...yeah, realism isn't really our thing.
But my most consistent/recurring fantasy ( for I am a fickle being) is  Tim Burton inspired, I basically want to be the man!  I know Alice in Wonderland was out ages ago and it was many editions of vogue past that Tom Binns' Alice inspired jewelry appeared alongside a picture of the lovely Mia Wasikowska, but it's not even Alice I'm thinking about ( even though a wonderland inspired post is always a visual treat!)
His poetry, short stories and artwork... I mean this guy is just bursting with creativity and somehow has the time to do it all, this is my favourite poem of his.

7 comments:

  1. Did you get a chance to go to his exhibit at the MOMA? It was fascinating and it just confirmed that he is indeed quite brilliant.

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i take my hat off to you and your blog! i think im going to have to do the "subscribe thing"
    it also sounds like you've had an awesome summer of music so far- thanks for the comment tho, as i've now found this little gem!
    xx
    ps, i am currently trying to figure out how to live the dream of your "olympic skier" dream- it seems to be a common goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely read! I didn't even know he wrote poems! A genius indeed

    And thanks for stopping by my blog. This is my first visit to yours but I'll be back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you :)
    no I live in the English Lake district and I have been to MOMA but unfortunately couldn't quite afford the flight to NY just to see his exhibition! read/saw lots about it though!
    I don't even have to be an olympic skier...just to be able to ski everyday would suit me fine! followed by early evening hot chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I love Tim Burton too! :) I love his book 'The Melancholy death of Oyster boy', do you have it?
    There are beautiful pictures in his autobiography too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for your lovely comment Kate. And this post is wonderful. I'm a Tim Burton lover too. He's amazing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails