I'm getting a little bit sick of my wrists smelling like 'Isis'. Don't get me wrong, it smells surprisingly good considering its a £9.50 Marks and Sparks concoction but I've sort of got to the point where I'd like a signature scent, the type of perfume that reminds people of you even when your not around. I've gone through my 'Ghost' phase and had a dalliance with Lacoste 'touch of pink', which I would gladly revive for a summer fling...(it smells like kisses at sundown when you know you have to be home in an hour...which in fragrance terms translates into orange, cardamon, jasmine and a hint of vanilla). My problem is I have a fickle nose, I want a perfume that will become the odor equivalent of a tattoo, ie permanent and personal, but I change my mind every morning when I spritz on a sample. I can't decide if I want a scent that will have me feeling like a 19th century New York socialite or one that smells as though I've just had a close encounter with a leather-clad biker who smokes roll ups and has a fondness for whiskey.
I haven't even tried heading to the department store yet for fear that I will blurt out 'excuse me miss, do you have a perfume that smells as though you've captured Audrey Hepburn's elegance, Christian Slater's badassness and Joni Mitchell's free spirit then distilled it all and put it in a pretty little bottle?'
Actually that's a whole new dilemma. Being the magpie that I am, I'm always drawn to perfumes if they come in charming packaging. I'm not so superficial that if I found a scent I loved in an awful bottle that I wouldn't buy it, It's just that if I found an average fragrance in an amazing bottle I'd buy five...

haha never heard of that before but i guess we all have a funny habits :) im follower nr 100 :D
ReplyDeletehttp://themashedup.blogspot.com/
Lydz xX
Kate,
ReplyDeleteI'm a sucker for pretty packaging, too, and am also on a quest to find my scent. I'm trying to find what I want before my birthday, so if you have any recommendations throughout your quest :) feel free to pop on by to let me know your suggestion. (Hopefully it is something that is sold in the States as well.)
P.S. Thank you for having stopped by. I'm glad it may have been of some help. Hope you have a beautiful day today.
Much love,
MBL
Why do you think I have so many perfumes??? *lol*
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by yesterday..
XO and good luck treasure hunting..
i checked out the rest of ur blog.
ReplyDeletea am deeply in love with it.
i follow u.wana follow back?
Hi Kate! Thanks for the sweet comment, I agree we should follow each other. Besides your blog, I love your humor.
ReplyDeletehttp://blog.cinderellasclosetnyc.com/
balenciaga, georges v
ReplyDeleteit smells like it should smell like hanging out in your (stella mcartney) underwear with a cute guy, chain smoking gauloises, drinking martinis for breakfast and debating sartre/proust/flaubert in a tiny patio garden in the sunshine of montparnasse.
what's not to like?
xx
oooh! I will definitely be smelling that, pretty much the best scent explanation I have ever read. I hope thats what it says on the bottle. xxx
ReplyDeletenaaaah, but it does have this amazingly awesome advert
ReplyDeletehttp://www.balenciagafragrance.com/en/
featuring madame charlotte gainsbourg on the bottle. fitty mcfitterson!
Sadly I have no more vicarious alpine living... not til next season :) i'll try to find something to keep you amused tho!
xx