Thursday, 31 March 2011

This week on Vice

After filling me with endless amounts of free alcohol last Thursday in a suitably seedy basement location, Vice are in my good books this week. The lacoste live launch proved to be a dickheads wet dream -full of red-lipped waifish girls with hair on the cool side of greasy, giant multi-coloured helium balloons and party photographers snapping your every dance move. Jameela Jamil turned up, as did Bip Ling, also spotted that guy from misfits with cheekbones I can only assume were chiseled by God himself. The best part of it all though was the music. There was me thinking Wiley was just the dude who sang about Rolexs, turns out he is actually some sort of 'Godfather of Grime' (cool people in the know, pardon my ignorance, I sing Neil Young in the shower... 'nuff said). Whilst everyone did go a bit mental when the words 'usually drink usually dance usually bubble' came spouting out of his mouth, they went more mental (well the hipster version of mental isn't actually that wild but they sort of shook off the pretentiousness beat by beat) for his other tunes. I know what you're thinking. When this chick posts about music it's usually some psychedelic girl band from LA or a singer-songwriter with a Tennessee twang. You're right, it's not the stuff my ears are used to, but I have to admit Wiley's myspace has been a permanent tab on my firefox browser this week. Damn it, I've done it again and rambled too long and now this post is horribly incoherent.
Going to Coachella would be for me what going to Lourdes or Jerusalem is for my very catholic grandmother, a pilgrimage of sorts. One day I will save up and go and hope it will be the seminal weekend I always thought it would be. Although I know in reality I'll end up chopping an ear off and hoping it will make like a dæmon a la Northern Lights so I can listen to multiple bands at once. The creators project sound like they will be getting up to some interesting stuff in the fields this year, take a look here. Adding a visual representation to some awesome music, physical manifestations of songs with innovative use of technology? Yeah, it all sounds kind of crazy, but crazy is almost always a good thing. Second thing is Vice's music website Noisey which really does have something for everyone and has also been a bit of a regular fixture on my laptop this week, please do check 'em out!

3 comments:

  1. You're so adorable!! Thanks so much for stopping by our blog! We are so happy to have discovered urs now! The name of it is the BEST!!

    Following you now, gorgeous!! Mwa!


    I Live For It

    Xx. Jewls and Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahhhh! Free alcohol! Oh, excuse me. I got a little too excited there. Will definitely check out Noisey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comment on donteatread!

    you are such a witty writer!

    -Steevy
    http://donteatread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails