This week vice have informed me of the Lacoste live launch, which looks set to be a night full of on-trend sports wear (minus the chav vibe, plus a touch of hipster chic) and tunes to get you foot tappin', head noddin' or all out jivin' if you're anything like myself. Can't quite believe I typed the word jivin'... I was going to go for grooving but apparently my attempts to get groovy back into the vernacular of youths nationwide are failing quite epically and I have been asked to tone down my neekiness. This coming from a boy who combines nerd and geek in one swift insult. I'm not sure y'know, I think I will persevere with my hippyish ways for a while, imagine if Gretchen Weiners had never even tried to make 'Fetch' happen or if Seth Cohen hadn't pioneered 'Minty' for a generation of O.C dreaming teens. You can't even imagine it can you? Exactly, like JT once said 'I'm bringing groovy back'. Well no, he was bringing sexy back, but this is because he is sexy, if you have ever witnessed my endeavors at sexy you will realise why I ain't bringing that back. My groovy face on the other hand, I've got down to a T. It's a cross between an Austin Power's eyebrow raise and Zoolander's Blue Steel.
Wow, didnt realise I was going to diverge from my indentended blogging direction for quite so long there so I'll just say one more thing. Mazes have been on my ipod for a while, admitedly as more of a background noise kind of band, but they're not bad... and vice now tells me their songs were produced on a boat in the Thames, see for yourself:


No comments:
Post a Comment