Monday, 26 September 2011

Oscar de la Renta, ready-to-wear, New York SS2012

Just how ready I'd be to wear this collection is difficult to get across, but I can assure you I'd be readier than a 5 minute microwave meal. Having strolled down to my campus next to Somerset house last week, cursing myself for my lack of mascara in the process, I realised that despite the obvious homage to fashion in the name of this blog, I don't post about the billion dollar industry nearly enough. I lingered around jealously eying up the Fashion Week passes of the paparazzi whilst indulging in a reverie or two. (Inevitably involving Christopher Kane and the words 'here, those Topshop jeans look shabby, wrap that waist up in my mint green dress, you'll twinkle like the little star in my intricately embelished frock...and did I mention, the cut is perfection? Take it'
Alas no such thing occurred and I traipsed off home to pour over the previous weeks offerings in New York. Cue salivating over Oscar de la Renta's collection.
Saluting the spring season with bright emerald, ruby and daffodil coloured gowns the show (or the online version of it) made me stop looking forward to cozy autumn evenings filled with hot chocolate and my current TV addiction and I instead found myself wishing for freshly cut grass and an excuse to don something extravagantly vibrant.
Lace, feathers and organza in abundance floated down the runway on the likes of Karlie Kloss and Arizona Muse, it felt fresher and younger than the house's previous collections, whilst maintaining the opulent elegance we've come to expect. Swoon. Now whose got £1000 to donate to me?




1 comment:

  1. HIya!!
    Where had you been hiding young lady! Lol, I know what you mean when you say you'd be ready to wear these! I LOVE the contrast of the lace and the bright happy colours!!
    Keep posting
    xx
    Siddy
    www.SiddySays.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails